AgroFossileFree creates a framework under which critical stakeholders will cooperate to evaluate and promote the currently available Novel Fossil-Energy-Free Technologies and Strategies (FEFTS) in EU agriculture, especially for this large number of small and medium producers with limited access to information.
The objectives of AgroFossileFree project are the following:
- Assessment of the current energy status in EU agriculture and identification of factors affecting innovation adoption and diffusion of FEFTS.
- Identification and registration of available FEFTS from applied research results to market solutions and exploration of existing financing tools for de-fossilising activities.
- Collaboration with all relevant stakeholders in thematic groups using interactive physical and online methodologies to produce community-based ideas for fossil-energy-free strategies and technologies integration in agricultural systems in a regional and EU-basis.
- Creation of an AgEnergy online platform with all available FEFTS to be assessed by stakeholders and provision of a Decision Support Toolkit to propose interventions and financing tools.
- Creation of policy guidelines on EU, regional and national basis and communication of them to increase visibility and promote the proposed strategies and technologies in real agricultural activity in the near future.